Welcome to Schaken-Mods
Join now

Join our Guild!
To REMOVE ADS and get FULL ACCESS, please join our Guild and enjoy the exclusive content we have.

Check it Out

The Request Center
Make a request of your favorite mod, a conversion, or a completely new idea! 
Request a Commission!

Refer a friend, Make money!
Get Referral Code -->

Firstborn - Season of the Priest                                                                                                                                                       
Ready to try new Indie Dev games?                                                                                                                                                       
Support Indie Developers!                                                                                                                                                        

Explicit Content!
Dont mind? No Problem! 
Change your settings here! ->

Tired of advertisements?
No Problem! 
Subscribe to a membership to remove them! ->

Talk about The Companions Character Overhaul (TCCO) by Hieroglyphics v

Hieroglyphics
  • 𝕏

The Companions Character Overhaul (TCCO) by Hieroglyphics v

The Companions Character Overhaul v1.0 SE & v2.0 SE

by Hieroglyphics

Conversion by Bad Wolf

In your travel to Whiterun, by way of Riverwood, you happen upon a group of warriors. But the women are ugly, are they not? Well, Hieroglyphics has solved the ugly women problem that the vanilla Skyrim gave to us. So, let's meet them, shall we?

The lovely Aela the Huntress

The breath taking Njada Stonearm

The beautiful Ria

Thanks to the very talented Hieroglyphics, you can now enjoy the beauty that these ladies provide. Now before I let you see what was described by Hiero on the Original LE version, I must tell you some disclaimers.

It is be used on a new game; it will work on a saved game. But you should place it in your load order either with other NPC mods you have, for continuity if you load your mods by grouped categories (OCD way like myself), or very last in your load order (or as close to it if other mods need to be last). It is not recommended to un-install during a current run-through. It can and will break your game.

New v2.0 update can work with a save!

Before you update to v2.0, be sure to take back anything you gave to any of them and dismiss them. Also take note of where v1.0 SE.esp is in your load order. You will be placing the v2.0 SE.esp in the exact same spot to avoid having a corrupted save or a CTD. Hiero goes into more detail below

Always remember, this is for fun and I do not take responsibility if this:

1. Breaks your save game

2. Fries your Computer

3 Breaks up your relationships

4. Makes your dog run away

5. Makes your cat ignore you

6. Wait a minute...... Cats ignore humans anyway. But I'm not responsible if they ignore you in an extra special way!

7. Family members shun you

8. Friends won't return your calls or messages.

Now to the original description from the LE version:

VERSION 2.0

- Updated FaceGen
- New textures and meshes, including hairstyles and outfits

Diffuse body textures are 4K (optimized). If you wish to scale any of the textures to 2K, I would suggest using Odenador for easy one-click optimization.
If updating from version 1.0, make sure you have removed ALL files from the earlier version before installing newer version. If they are current followers, make sure you remove any wanted items and dismiss them, before making a clean save in an unrelated cell.

Screenshots for Version 2.0 - Kwanon ENB

Description

Complete character overhaul of the female members of The Companions. This mod will replace not only the textures and meshes for each NPC but will also give each one a new custom outfit. All the skin textures have been individually custom layered, using Fair Skin Complexion as a base and each body mesh has also been uniquely shaped in BodySlide, to add variety.

All body meshes and outfits are based on UNP, as this is what I use in my game and I have no plans to convert them to CBBE or any other body shape. They are standalone replacers, so regardless of what body shape you normally use, you would still be able to use them. Some meshes are rigged for HDT physics extensions, so you will also need to have HDT setup with SKSE installed, as well as a compatible skeleton, otherwise your game will crash.

In the Main files, you have the option of installing the All-In-One version, with all plugins and folders merged or you can pick and choose which ones you want to install individually. The 2K texture replacers can be found in the Optional files.

Standalone follower versions (ONLY FOR VERSION 1.0)

You can also download the standalone follower versions of these characters. Aela and Ria can be found in the main files section as characters Natalya (skills: archer, light armor) and Viola (skills: one-handed, light armor). They can both be found in JORRVASKR LIVING QUARTERS. A standalone follower version of Njada can be found here

If you want lower res textures for these followers, I would suggest manually downloading the 2K texture replacements for Aela and Ria, in optional files and pasting the files into the correct folder.

Compatibility with other mods / troubleshooting

- Obviously this mod will not be compatible with any other mod that makes changes to the appearance of these NPCs.
- Any mods that make changes to specific races (namely, Nord and Imperial) will not affect these NPCs, since they use their own edited version of that race.
- Any mods that make changes to the stats of these characters, should be fine, as long as you move the relevant plugin for TCCO lower in the load order.
- Potential issue with Aela after werewolf transformation, reverting to vanilla outfit, facial expressions not working. Would advise installing the All-In-One version / individual Aela mod after the Silver Hand Quests involving Aela.

If you experience texture glitches for any of these NPCs, such as textures turning black/brown, use the 2K texture replacer optional files. Or do a Quick Save and reload... another option would be to go into console mode, click on the character and 'disable' / 'enable'.

All files have been cleaned with TES5Edit

[Installing/Uninstalling]

Download Manager strongly advised.

To avoid any mesh/texture issues with the NPCs, make sure you have removed ALL files left over from any previous NPC replacer mods you may have used and make a 'clean' save before installing this mod.

All outfit credits refer to the LE versions
BodySlide and Outfit Studio by Ousnius and Caliente
CITRUS Heads (HD Meshes) by Blabba
DIMONIZED UNP female body by dimon99
Fair Skin Complexion by HHaleyy
Freckle Mania by tetrodoxin
KS Hairdos - Renewal by Kalilies Stealthic Khaos and Shocky
NPC Nif Merge by Turulo
RaceMenu by Expired
Salt and Wind - Rough Hair for KS Hairdos by Jasper
SG Female Eyebrows by Hello Santa
The Eyes Of Beauty by Gabriel Mailhot as LogRaam

Custom eye textures (Aela and Njada v.2) by Hieroglyphics
Custom eyebrows (Aela and Ria v.2) by Hieroglyphics
Custom body diffuse textures (v.2) by Hieroglyphics

Outfits
Ancient Nord Chainmail CBBE HDT by TheGreenLion and ChronoTrigger77 / UUNP Bodyslide by Diablio
Bless MD3001 by Ninirim and ReGenBot03 / UUNP Bodylide by Diablio
The Lily - Armour Mashup by pottoply / UUNP Bodylide by Diablio
Gotha Rensa (Aela v.2)
Eckett (Ria v.2)

Now back to me

Just use the mod manager of your choice to install and uninstall this, or any mod that is not a "Manual Download Only" mod. It's easier this way.

I will also be uploading the stand alone versions after I make the conversions

If you like this mod, endorse it, please. Also, check out my other mods here on Schaken-Mods.

My Thanks go to

Hieroglyphics

The original creator of TCCO for LE

And for letting me convert his creations to SE

Please look for his mods also here on Schaken-Mods

This presentation provided but not created by:

BadWolf - Schaken-Mods Logo - Sm.jpg

• Approve 1
  • 𝕏

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • members

Thanks for the tip about Aela after “Silver Hand” Quests. That’s exactly what my question was, and I’m grateful you covered that.  Going to download the single replacer from Nexus now since it’s not here yet, and I just hired Aela on as my personal Steward. My character considered marrying her, but his heart still belongs to your Schaken-exclusive Ysolda; assuming I can win her over after my drinking bender the other day, where I apparently told her all about my fiancé, which I’m pretty sure I’ve never met! (That reminds me, I might still owe her for a ring I apparently bought.) 😄

Also going to download your Ria stand-alone from Nexus while I’m there. My hope is that it will fix her sudden and inexpiable Growth spurt. Pretty sure she wasn’t this tall when we first met.

Anyhow, I’m enjoying your mods greatly, thanks again for all your fantastic work!

Tall_Ria.png

• 𝕏

On 1/27/2020 at 6:32 AM, williamstaley1972 said:

Hello i have version 1 of the companion mod really prefer there looks over the version 2 ok now my question what body type are they i am looking to change there armor

Should be UNP, I think ?

• 𝕏

@Skrim72 Height can change when using furniture or crafting stations. "Size does matter" mod on nexus should fix that. But not sure if that's the case here, from the screenshot.

You can adjust height in console mode or (better) on the character record on the plugin itself with CK or TESEdit.

• Approve 1
  • 𝕏

• members
4 hours ago, Hieroglyphics said:

@Skrim72 Height can change when using furniture or crafting stations. "Size does matter" mod on nexus should fix that. But not sure if that's the case here, from the screenshot.

You can adjust height in console mode or (better) on the character record on the plugin itself with CK or TESEdit.

Thanks, TESEdit did the trick. 🙂

• 𝕏

• members

I just ran through the companions story arc for the 2nd time, paying attention to a few oddities I noticed the first run, to see if they would repeat themselves.

Firstly, during the mission “The Silver Hand”, Werewolf Alea in the under-forge, is completely invisible. Later, during the mission, her vanilla face is back… kinda. (She’s in 1930’s “blackface” and looks like she replaced her make-up with shoe polish.)

Later, upon completing the mission “The Silver Hand” there are two small, yet consistent glitches that seem to persist throughout the rest of the game.  Alea looses her epic outfit, and goes back to her default clothes; also her mouth quits moving. (I assume she just doesn’t like to talk about loosing that excellent outfit, it was pretty cool!) 

At the same time, Ria grows about 2 feet, and seems to stay that height.  She’s a little taller than my character, who is 1.0 height. (Thanks again to Hieroglyphics for suggesting TESEdit.) I’m not sure what height the mod had her set at, but I’ve been putting her at .85. It’s a little taller than the mod, but much shorter than the post-mission version. I was aiming for around 5’-5’2”.

None of these issues are game-breaking, and with a little creative editing, and a quick costume change both can be overcome. Granted for me, fixing the missing “chin-wag” animation is above my head. I don’t expect anything to be done, and my assumption is, these glitches have more to do with how the game engine handles werewolf transformations than anything the mod adds to the game, just wanted to post this as a kind of “heads-up”, for the future. Still a great 5* mod, and well worth the download.

• 𝕏

• 2 weeks later...
  • members

Easy workaround for companions "The Silver Hand" bug... Simply disable the mod prior to the mission, then re-enable the mod after the mission. Un-installing the mod didn't work for me, (I tried that first) but it seems to work fine if you just disable it in MO2 for a few missions. I'm guessing there's more than just asset calls from the mod folder with how the game manages mod support. From what I can observe, the glitch is caused by Alea's transformation to a werewolf. Best guess, this mod has no file available for when the game engine calls her werewolf textures, and when the game later recalls her human form, it defaults back to vanilla and never-reloads the "Chin-wag" since those remained with the pre-werewolf call of her. There appears to be some kind of plot-flag set at the start of C03 5, and doesn't resolve itself till after C03 200. So the mod needs to be disabled prior to the start of the mission "The Silver Hand", and don't re-activate the mod till you're already in "Bloods Honor" or later. I'm quite sure someone else has discovered this given the age of the game, however I've yet to see this posted anywhere, so I wanted to share it here.

Follow-up question... Is there a way to get Alea to wash her face?  The tear-streaks made sense at first, since she just lost her friend, but as we've been adventuring together for a while, and I'm about to ask her to join "The Blades", I'd kinda like her to clean up a bit.  I tried dragging her through a few waterfalls, hoping that would fix a "dirt" flag of some kind, but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks

• 𝕏