About This File
The Thieves Guild will now attempt to recruit thieves. Brynjolf is now a much better judge of character. He won't consider you a potential recruit for the Guild unless you've actually done a bit of dirty work. If your character has never stolen anything, the Thieves Guild questline will never be activated, and you will no longer be approached by Brynjolf immediately upon entering Riften.
You can also choose to set additional requirements that must be met before you can progress the Thieves Guild quest line.PLUS... Now you can buy genuine Falmer Blood Elixir! Experience all the wonders of this powerful potion for yourself!
Version 3.0 includes the changes and features from the mods Sell Unusual Gems and Shadowmarks Improved.
- Brynjolf will no longer approach you if you are not a thief, and the Thieves Guild questline will not be activated until the player meets the necessary requirements (stolen items, picked pockets, and sneak skill). These requirements are completely customizable using the MCM options.
- If you're not a member of the Thieves Guild, you can sell any Unusual Gems you find to Ri'saad.
- You may choose to buy Falmer Blood Elixir from Brynjolf before the Thieves Guild quests have begun.
- Additional requirements can be set that will delay the quests Dampened Spirits and Scoundrel's Folly. You can choose to set any combination of sneak, pickpocket, or lockpicking skill level requirements or simply set a certain number of radiant quests that must be completed.
- Customize how many radiant quests are required in each city before you receive the special assignment for that city.
- Change the amount of gold required to complete the bedlam job.
- All dialogue and responses are fully voiced.
- Shadowmarks have been added to player-owned homes and adjust automatically to reflect the player's current status within the Guild and the ownership status of the home.
- The positions of existing shadowmarks have been improved, and new marks have been added to locations that were missing them.
- Includes FISS support, allowing you to save your settings as custom presets.
greentea101 for editing the voice files for Brynjolf and creating the dialogue needed to edit the TG quests.
Teabag86 for creating the voice files for Ri'saad and helping merge the files.
Glitchfinder for creating the shadowmark script
Version 3.0 requires Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn. Previous versions do not require any of the DLC files.
Simply download and install with your favorite mod manager, or manually extract the .zip file to the Skyrim/Data folder.
Optional: If you wish to use the new textures from Shadowmarks Improved, then you'll need to download them from the original mod page.
DURING THE MAIN QUEST: There is a point in the main quest where you go to Riften & talk to Brynjolf. However, with this mod, the main quest dialogue options with Brynjolf won't be activated unless you meet the thief requirements. There is another route to completing this quest, though...ask around Riften; there is someone else who has information for you. (If you need a more direct answer, see the bottom of the Readme). This is actually an alternate option available in the vanilla game, I've not changed it.
QUEST REQUIREMENTS: In order to trigger the beginning of the Thieves Guild quest, the player must have stolen items, picked pockets, and have some skill in sneak. If not, then Brynjolf will not approach you and the dialogue options to begin the quest will not appear. All three requirements must be met; however, you can completely customize these requirements using the MCM options. The number of items stolen & pockets picked can be checked under "Crime Stats."
FAILURE PENALTIES: If you fail either TG02 or TG03, then the number of radiant quests that you need to complete prior to receiving the next quest will be doubled. Basically, if you mess up, it's going to take you that much longer to prove yourself worthy of greater responsibilities. However, this can always be adjusted in the MCM menu. In fact, any adjustment of these values using the MCM menu after the quest has completed will override the failure penalty.
UNUSUAL GEMS: If you're not a member of the Thieves Guild, you can sell any Unusual Gems you find to Ri'saad, the Khajiit trader who travels between Whiterun and Markarth. Selling a stone to Ri'saad will remove all associated journal entries for the quest "No Stone Unturned." This option is reversible and does not break the quest. If you later decide to join the Thieves Guild, you have the option to buy the stones back from Ri'saad at an increased cost. You can resume the quest by talking to Vex.
SHADOWMARKS: Shadowmarks on player homes will automatically adjust depending on the ownership status of the home and the player's status within the Guild. Unowned homes will have the Empty mark; homes owned by non-guild members or banned members will have the Danger mark; and homes owned by Guild members will have a Guild mark. Optionally, you can choose to use the Loot shadowmark for non-member player homes instead of the Danger mark. There is also a setting that will allow you to disable the Shadowmarks until the relevant city influence quest has been completed.