Please take a moment to review these Terms and Rules:
- Please remember that Schaken-Mods is not responsible for any messages posted by our community, and may not reflect the views of Schaken-Mods. We do not hold control over the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents therein. Any user who feels that any content posted contains objectionable material is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. Rest assured that we take all reports seriously and uphold all of our members to the same Code of Conduct.
- As the Creation Kit is owned by Bethesda, any mods created by the Creation Kit can not be put behind a paywall per End User License Agreement. However, alterations to meshes and textures do not fall under that ruling.
- Posted mods, if owned by another author, must be a minimum of 10% uniquely your own content. For example, a port from Skyrim LE to Skyrim SE changes the meshes and textures, on average, exceeds 10%. Changing the texture to format BC7 compresses it significantly making it completely different, from a digital perspective. See our Code of Conduct for more information regarding this.
- Each user is responsible for ensuring that all materials and content that is uploaded to Schaken-Mods conforms to our Code of Conduct.
- The “Management User (MU)” is an amalgamation of the entire staff at Schaken-Mods. Should a user wish to leave their content with the MU, they in turn agree to give the MU permission to update the users work on their behalf. Should a user be removed from the community for violating our Code of Conduct, then the ownership of all content uploaded transfers to the MU.
- By creating an account with Schaken-Mods, you agree that you will not use this website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violation of any international law.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material without express, written permission from copyright holder.
Please take a moment to review our Code of Conduct:
- Harassment will not be tolerated. We are all a team, and we expect everyone to act with integrity and to treat their teammates with respect. Egregious offenses such as threats, blackmail, Racial/ethic/sexual slurs can earn up to 1 demerit per occurrence and subject to possible suspension of communication privileges.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. If we discovered that an uploader is taking another author's work and passing it along as their own, said content will be unlisted and a penalty of up to 2 demerits will be applied. To avoid this, one or more of the following will be acceptable.
- Proof that flagged content is greater than 10% uniquely your own work.
- Proof that the original author has given permission in using their assets
- Proof the original content is behind a paywall.
- Make a reasonable argument that the content has been abandoned.
- Poaching is not acceptable. We have worked hard to build up this community. Using our community as a platform to siphon away team-members and/or content to other sites will not be tolerated. If caught, users can be subject up to 3 demerits and/or immediate suspension of communication privileges.
- Account sharing is not acceptable. Giving away your log-in information to allow other users to utilize our content is a clear violation of our terms of service. Our network security team will do random sweeps, if discovered to be sharing accounts, all parties involved will be immediately removed from the community without warning, regardless of demerits. If removed, you forfeit refunds for any paid memberships.
- Users are limited to 1 account. Users discovered using VPNs and IP masking to hide the possession of multiple accounts will be immediately removed from the community, forfeiting all refunds for any paid memberships.
- The depiction of nudity or sexual content of children is STRICTLY prohibited. Content that violates this term will be subject to being immediately unlisted and the user will be contacted by staff, and possible immediate removal from the community, regardless of demerits.
Punishments are determined by the number of demerits on an account. Demerits decay at a rate of 1-per month. The following occurs at:
1 demerit - Official warning from an administrator
3 demerits - Temporary loss of communication and/or membership privileges to be determined by administrator.
5 demerits - Removal from community.